Graduate Assistant - Athletic Equipment Management
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Equipment Department for Athletics to serve in an administrative support role for the department. This position will manage the day-to-day operation of athletic equipment rooms, and provide student athletes and coaches with necessary athletic equipment.
- Manage the daily operation of athletic equipment rooms
- Oversee preparation, distribution, and return of uniforms and athletic equipment
- Respond to equipment requests from coaches
- Size athletes for uniforms and fit uniforms/equipment
- Repair and recondition athletic equipment as needed;
- Monitor and maintain inventory
- Oversee daily laundering of player loops, coach’s loops, uniforms and towels
- Assist in preparation of equipment, playing areas, and locker rooms for practices and games
- Travel with teams to assist in equipment set-up and game duties if requested
- Equipment ordering
- Build and maintain vendor relations
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in GCU master’s program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0
- May only work 29 hours per week but may require evenings and weekend hours.
- Computer proficiency including email, internet, MS Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Knowledge of planning and organizational practices to ensure smooth operations and to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently without direction or oversight.
- Meticulous with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding communications skills, including verbal and written with a good command of the English language.
- Good relationship management skills and ability to work cohesively in a team environment requiring good social and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects of varying sizes and detail requirement.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities, rolling deadlines and a fast-paced environment effectively.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.