Golf Course Foreman
Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree tuition free! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Grand Canyon University’s Golf Course is seeking a full time Foreman. Under the direction of the golf course superintendent, the hands-on working foreman assists in assigning and scheduling work assignments and staff, overseeing job performance and quality, ensuring completion of work within timelines and daily inspection of course grounds.
- Opens maintenance shop and prepares for daily work to be handled.
- May be asked to be "acting manager" on premise in absence of golf superintendent.
- Reports golf course condition to golf superintendent or other designate.
- Manages maintenance and improvement of buildings on golf course premises.
- Enforces safe working conditions with all job assignments and is responsible for instructing crew on proper equipment use and work methods.
- May have to operate mowing, portable blowers/vacuums, lawn trimming equipment with related implements, chain saws, brushing saws, chipper and other equipment as needed to maintain course.
- Supervise the planting, trimming and pruning of shrubs, bushes, hedges, trees, ground cover, cacti, flowers, turf, etc.; may water trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns and perform irrigation activities.
- Operates landscaping vehicles including Gators, pick-up trucks, flat-rack trucks, vans, golf carts or other motorized vehicles as needed for hauling purposes and/or trash and debris removal.
- May use power wash equipment.
- Ensures all tools and equipment are kept clean and in good condition.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in commercial grounds maintenance/landscaping experience, including crew lead experience.
- Knowledgeable of and willing to follow all safety precautions and security procedures.
- Reliable and dependable and self-motivated with an interest in landscaping and plants preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the proper operation of equipment and tools.
- Conversational Spanish would be beneficial.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.