GCU Hotel - Rooms Division Supervisor
SUMMARY: Provide daily supervision of Housekeeping, Laundry and Public Areas operations, ensuring that all tasks are completed in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures. Supervise staff to ensure they are meeting our timing and cleanliness standards. Assist with staff new hire training as well as ongoing employee training and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise daily cleaning of guestrooms, public areas and laundry areas.
- Obtain vacancy, arrivals and departures reports and special requests for rooms and assign to staff as needed.
- Work closely with Front Desk in keeping room status reports up to date through notification of all check outs, late check outs, early check ins, new reservations, room moves, special requests, stay overs and room availability.
- Assign housekeeping room assignments daily.
- Ensure guest rooms are prepared to meet early check ins and all are cleaned by an agreed upon time to provide guest satisfaction.
- Check for items that are not operable and/or in need of repair and reports such items to Operations Manager.
- Replenish supplies and amenities in storage closets as required.
- Assist with laundry and Housekeeping as required.
- Complete monthly linen and supply inventory when requested.
- Promote and maintain operational and shift change procedures and tasks
- Promote and maintain lost and found procedures.
- Greets guests, respond effectively to guest concerns and requests. Follow up on guest concerns and requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct daily room checks to ensure all housekeeping attendants are meeting cleanliness standards.
- Collaborate with hotel manager regarding employee performance.
- Oversight on daily basis of housekeeping, laundry and public areas attendants, to ensure adequate staffing and all rooms meet cleanliness standards. Informs management of any employee issues and recommends appropriate action.
- To promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect
- Inspire & motivate the team to achieve customer service standards which would have an impact on revenue and profitability
- Train and develop the team to ensure food & beverage service is to specification, and self and staff cooperate with chefs and other staff and managers to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded by ensuring service is as smooth and as continuous as possible
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years’ experience in customer service or hospitality industry.
- Prefer experience in serving as lead person on team.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write
- Always provides a professional image through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests
- Ability to learn the structure and function of all hotel departments, facilities, rooms, activities, services and hours of operation of hotel.
- Able to organize work to ensure early arrival rooms are ready.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure room cleanliness standards are met.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.