GCU Hotel Guest Reception Associate
Grand Canyon University’s Hotel is seeking a full time Hotel Guest Reception Associate. This position is responsible for welcoming and assisting prospective and current guests at the hotel. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have excellent customer services skills.
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Manage room inventory and determine rooms for incoming guests.
- Manage check in/out procedures.
- Assist guests with dining and activity recommendations.
- Coordinate shuttle service for guests with attendance luggage.
- Responsible for maintenance of cash bank.
- Assist guests with general inquiries.
- Provide as needed support to GCU Hotel departments and teammates to ensure an exceptional stay experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service/hospitality environment; prefer experience in hotel/resort front desk.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
- Demonstrates ability to go above and beyond to meet guest expectations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Basic proficiency in computer usage and Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn the structure and function of hotel property.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA procedures.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.