GCU Golf Course Restaurant - Prep Cook/Dishwasher
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Prep Cook/Dishwasher for GCU's Golf Course Restaurant - The Lope House, located on 59th Avenue and Indian School.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Follows appropriate procedure of food prep and cooking, size of portions and garnishing of food according to the food service standards set by the restaurant management.
- Mixes sauces in the prescribed manner as dictated by Kitchen Manager or Chef
- Sets up workstation based on proper pars as established by Kitchen Manager or Chef and by following station set up sheets
- Tests cooked foods through senses of tasting and smelling
- Ensures foods are stored and checks refrigeration/storage visual temperature gauges for proper holding temperatures
- Completes daily opening and closing kitchen/food protocols ensuring all food handling/safety guidelines are followed.
- Washing dishes, utensils, glassware and equipment by hand or through appropriate use of dishwashing machinery.
- Scraping food from dirty dishes and washing them by hand or placing them in racks or on conveyer to dishwashing machine.
- Checking all dishes and utensils are clean and dry and storing in designated places.
- Cleaning and draining the dishwasher machine, and confirm arms are clean. Dirty water may need to be changed every hour.
- Informing supervisory personnel if dishwashing machine is not operating properly.
- Learning the use of and proper use of cleaning chemicals and soaps
- Maintains cleanliness of the restaurant and kitchen areas
- Sweeping and mopping the floors
- Power washing or hosing out garbage cans
- Polishing of stainless steel
- Wiping down walls and tiles
- If necessary, hosing down floor mats
- Maintains the cleanliness of the employee locker area, janitors closet and staff restrooms
- Maintains the cleanliness of the outside area of food service operations
- Helps collect and dispose of garbage
- Assists in the transferring of supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Loads and unloads supplies and / or other equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in working as part of kitchen food preparation team.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa Food Handler’s Card at own expense prior to beginning employment.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to be calm and work under pressure in high volume, peak times.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and food handling procedures.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.