GCU Golf Course Restaurant - Line Cook (Part Time)
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Line Cook for GCU's Golf Course Restaurant, The Lope House located at GCU's Golf Course on 59th Ave and Indian School. This position will work under supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor and will work on a rotating schedule to include mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Prepare and cook all food items according to SOP to ensure consistent quality.
- Maintain sanitation standards according to SOP and FDA/OSHA requirements.
- Prepare dishes for customers including special requests regarding food allergies or intolerances.
- Properly portion all items as dictated by SOP/Recipe guidelines.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift.
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishable items.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
- Actively seek ways to reduce food costs and waste.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents/incidents following GCU/OSHA guidelines.
- May need to assist in other kitchen/restaurant areas as needed and requested.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience; prefer 3 years’ experience in high volume/demand hospitality venue.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card at one’s own expense prior to beginning of employment.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation and food cost controls.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests.
- Ability to learn the structure and function of all kitchen stations and departments, facilities, rooms, activities, services and hours of operation.
- Ability to prepare and present food according to SOP/Recipe guidelines.
- Ability to consistently perform during scheduled work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in preparation of food, ensuring that all food is prepared according to quality procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems/issues especially during high volume/demand.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.