.GCU Golf Course - Groundskeeper
Grand Canyon University’s Golf Operations is seeking a full time Greenskeeper. This position reports to the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and/or the golf course Foreman. The candidate should be proficient at most basic course duties including, but not limited to hand and machine raking of bunkers, mowing of greens, tees, fairways and roughs, operation of weed eaters, hedge trimmers, backpack blowers.
Why join the GCU team as a Golf Course Groundskeeper?
- COMPETITIVE PAY.
- Opportunities for growth.
- Amazing benefits such as 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year and up to 40 hours of Personal Time (PT) plus 11½ paid holidays per year.
- Health insurance that includes access to medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Earn your degree by taking advantage of our exceptional Tuition Benefit Program; also available to your qualifying dependents.
- Be a part of a fun & fast paced environment.
- Walk mowing of greens.
- Mows tees, fairways and roughs with ride on equipment.
- Hand and machine rake of bunkers
- Ensures that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refilling fuel daily, cleans equipment after each use, and reports any equipment problems or failures to the Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provides basic preventative maintenance on equipment as directed by the Equipment Manager or his/her supervisor and returns the equipment to its designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record..
- Performs all duties to Grand Canyon University Golf Course Maintenance standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.