GA-Arc Campus Information Specialist
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a part-time Graduate Assistant to provide interested recruits and students with information on GCU’s ground campus degree programs and GCU’s community through in-person contact. This individual works as part of a team to assist in recruiting qualified high school students to attend the traditional campus in Phoenix. You must be able to provide a remarkable first impression and specific information on GCU’s campus, programs, and mission.
- Represent GCU professionally by providing group or individual presentations to prospective students, parents, and visitors to GCU.
- Provide excellent customer service in all interactions and demonstrate a clear application of GCU’s academic and community strengths to promote educational outcomes and build greater interest and enthusiasm for attending GCU.
- Remain current with GCU’s programs, campus developments, and trends amongst competitors with the ability to speak to general differentiators.
- Collaborate effectively with all GCU personnel in the enrollment process to provide internal and external stakeholders with the basis of a strong first impression.
- Ensure tour script properly reflects current campus and academic information, as well as general admissions branding.
- Work well in a team environment, which may often include communicating with other campus departments and leadership.
- Demonstrate proficient use of university systems to execute multiple tasks and properly notate inquiry or student accounts.
- Assist with tour guide training and coaching where applicable.
- Support miscellaneous ARC and Information Center front desks and overall visitation operations as needed.
- Consistently create a positive experience for recruits and students.
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm and advocacy for GCU in all interactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Maintain professional appearance and interacts cooperatively with others.
- Must be enrolled in GCU master’s program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to work on weekdays (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 8am-8pm (shifts will vary) and Saturdays up to 29 hours per week.
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated, with a passion providing positive example aligned with GCU’s Christian mission.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (organized and adaptable).
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups, answering phone calls.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, MS Word & Outlook etc.).
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think and resolve issues quickly.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.