Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a full time Furniture Installer to perform a variety of unskilled or semiskilled activities related to Facilities operations and services, including ground and building maintenance, repair, and/or space/event/logistics assignments.
- May work independently, or part of a team, to complete a variety of work order assignments or supervisor-assigned tasks, maintaining accurate logs or records.
- May work on setting up and breaking down office furniture, cubicles or modular furniture and office equipment.
- May assist with space planning, drawings, etc. as requested.
- Transports a variety of office or classroom furniture and electronic/office equipment such as: computers, phones, filing cabinets, wall art, copiers, printers, conference room equipment, removable fixtures, electronic and non-electronic white boards, televisions or monitors, receivers such as DVD or VCR players, computer servers, electronic display boards, film screens, audio-visual equipment, office-kitchen equipment such as refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines, tables, chairs, shelving, etc. from one location to another using hands, hand carts, trucks, etc.
- May operate or drive vehicles such as forklift, trucks, golf carts, gators, etc.
- May assist in preparing new facilities for office moves as needed such as minor repairs, applying paint/varnish, filling cracks/holes, replacing light fixture covers, etc..
- May operate a variety of hand or power tools such as drills, saws, hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, power paint spray, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have the physical strength and capability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds independently as well as push/pull equipment on carts, climb stairs and walk long distances across campus for extended periods.
- Must be able read drawings, space plans or blueprints with good spatial recognition.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions and occupational hazards with a willingness to follow safety guidelines and/or precautions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Prior experience is helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.