Fulltime Critical Care Lab/Clinical Faculty
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for an Adult Health II (Complex Care) Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty member and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
Please note that this position's home base is located at the Las Vegas, NV site. However, this position requires travel within the greater Las Vegas area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations.
2485 Village View Drive
Henderson, Nevada 89074
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teach in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre-licensure Nursing.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives.
- Participate in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs.
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Remain current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in complex or critical care nursing.
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Nevada.
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications).
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!