Fulltime Clinical Faculty for Foundations/Fundamentals
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate full-time Fulltime Clinical Faculty for Foundations/Fundamentals. This role will be located on ground at our 33rd and Camelback main campus
The Fulltime Clinical Faculty member for Foundations/Fundamentals will develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with evidence-based instruction in nursing lab activities from foundations of skill development through simulation techniques.
What you will do:
* Reinforce didactic content and teach in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre-licensure nursing
* Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
* Participate in grading written and clinical/lab performance check-offs
* Facilitate pre and post conference discussions in the clinical setting
* Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and directors including attendance in select faculty meetings
* Remain current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise
* Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
* Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
* Requires travel to student clinical and lab sites to directly observe student performance
What you will need:
- Master’s degree (MSN) required
- * Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- * An active, current and unencumbered Registered Nursing License in the state of Arizona or compact state.
- * Minimum of 2 years work experience in long term care or med/surg nursing
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#highereducation #nursing #teach #faculty #RN #MSN #GCU #teaching