FNP or ACNP Full-Time Faculty
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty for the Family Nurse Practitioner or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program. Target start is immediate
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses or graduate courses within the requisite discipline meeting the required course load requirements.
- Develops and provides instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and other trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline educational instruction.
- Engages students within classroom to stimulate discussions for collective learning.
- Incorporates relevant research resources and experiential activities to support course objectives, lectures and learning outcomes.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading.
- Assists students outside classroom hours and actively mentors students.
- Develops and administers forward thinking short and long term learning plans for students’ development and growth
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Assist with curriculum design and development; be a sound advocate for change to programs, curriculum and teaching methodologies/pedagogies.
- Engages regularly in professional development activities
- Participates actively in college or university committees for advancing the overall educational mission of the university.
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students and staff.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty.
- Develops and maintains relationships with professional contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and student mentoring.
- Assists college administration in developing internal and external communities that promote the Colleges academic programs/majors.
- Maintains compliance with all college and University policies and program accreditation/licensure requirements.
- Effectively utilizes assigned resources including any budget allocations.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to use different teaching methods and to transmit information in a manner which is accessible and comprehensible to students
- Strong analytical skills including ability to think synthetically and analytically with the ability to communicate complicated information in a comprehensible manner.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online classrooms.
- Strong understanding of curriculum design and development and peer curriculum reviews.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively mentor and guide students.
- A respect for and ability to work with students.
- Ability to navigate Instructional tools, overhead projectors, computer assisted presentations, web based tools such as Loud Cloud.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values based education from a Christian perspective.
- Strong ability to compose written communications (when necessary in AP format) in a manner which ensures collective understanding.
- Strong understanding of student assessment of learning outcomes and how instructional efforts support the learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior congruent with GCU’s pillars and mission with a commitment to Christian ideals and philosophy.
- Participation in and/or support of the university’s programs in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Demonstrates through example the active support of the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of GCU.
- Ability to develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with committees, colleagues, faculty and administration.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, etc.)
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations which may also include a drug test.
Education and/or Experience:
(These are general broad discipline requirements that are specific to each college and discipline which are outlined on a Faculty Teaching Qualifications Document approved by each College Dean).
- Master’s Degree required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Discipline may require active licensure/certification.
- Minimum two years’ teaching at collegiate level required or extensive industry knowledge may be substituted based upon the dean’s approval.
- Specialized knowledge of discipline areas may be required.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research and/or publications).
Nursing Pre-licensure Faculty Qualifications
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- 2 years’ of direct patient care nursing experience
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Proficient in English Language
- Teaching experience preferred.
Information Technology Faculty Qualifications:
Must meet at least two of the below qualifications:
1. Minimum 4 years’ experience as a board member on two or more boards related to information technology
2. Award recognition of expertise in information technology at least twice from professional standing publications or associations
3. Published at least three times in peer reviewed journals within last seven years
4. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in leadership position in professional IT association
5. More than 5 years’ hands on work experience in information technology, actively involved in deploying, configuring, and maintaining the integrity of computer systems and networks in an enterprise or data center environment
6. Holds multiple certifications in cyber security, information technology, networking, systems administration, security
7. Has served as a director or higher in a large enterprise or data center
- 5 years’ relevant work experience which may include progressive business/managerial experience in the information technology or information systems field
- Extensive, advanced and current knowledge of information technology or specific functional area in information technology
- thinking to discern students’ questions and answers.
- On an occasional basis, work involves mathematical aptitude involving the creation of Excel spreadsheets and/or other reports to document student’s academic progress.
- Work constantly involves mental acuity for concentration, and focus for reading comprehension, composing written responses and assessment of papers, reports and exams.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.