Floor Technician Night Shift 6pm-2am
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Floor Technician. This position is primarily responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, & bonneting) areas that include offices, classrooms, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, residence halls and apartments and any other GCU spaces.
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 6p to 2am
- Ensures cleaning supplies and equipment needed for daily shift are available and accessible.
- Observes safety and security procedures at all times.
- Performs preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use at beginning and end of the shift.
- Handles floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surfaces, stripping, waxing, polishing, power washing.
- Provides floor maintenance; including but not limited to, vacuuming, shampooing, minimum bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells which includes concrete sealing and high dusting.
- Completing daily work logs and/or monthly activity reports.
- Provide other cleaning services: such as, dusting, routine restroom, office, and classroom cleaning.
- Assist with new members of team in demonstrating proper floor care procedures.
- Other cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in floor cleaning capacity or related work experience.
- A combination of relevant work experience, education and training may be substituted upon approval of the hiring manager.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend assignments.
- Knowledgeable of janitorial products, green cleaning products and cleaning agents and the best uses for such with regard to commercial cleaning as well as the proper disposal of chemicals.
- Possess considerable knowledge of the operation, use and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines and general housekeeping equipment.
- Work constantly involves the use of cleaning chemicals, compounds, solvents or biodegradable chemicals which may be inhaled or unintentionally splashed on skin and eyes.
- Occasionally may require carrying portable "backpack" vacuums.
- Frequently involves the operation of cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers and buffers.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders, balancing.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.