Grand Canyon University is seeking a Fleet Mechanic. The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for investigating problems with the university fleet vehicles and making repairs accordingly. Their duties include communicating with vehicle operators to discuss the concerns, carrying out routine maintenance procedures on fleet vehicles and replacing parts on fleet vehicles to promote their functionality.
- Perform golf cart and shuttle bus assessments and repairs.
- Assess high-speed vehicles and complete moderate level repairs as needed. Moderate repairs to include batteries, fuses, lights and etc.
- Complete cart, shuttle bus and high-speed vehicle maintenance.
- Schedule loaner requests during vehicle maintenance.
- Order parts and schedule service for fleet vehicles. Maintain inventory in Facilities software program.
- Train student workers on various departmental tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Experience conducting routine services and vehicle maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience inspecting vehicles for faults and repairs.
- Demonstrated experience with small engine repair.
- Demonstrated experience with vehicle diagnostic equipment.
- Must attain certification in maintenance and repair of large and mid-sized shuttles.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.