Fleet Driver- Non CDL
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Perform and document vehicle pre-trip interior and exterior inspections before operating vehicle at the start of the shift and reports any vehicle faults.
2. Continuously observe all safety and security procedures and when necessary determine appropriate action beyond guidelines and immediately report any potentially unsafe condition.
3. Stay in communication via 2-way radio, headset, cellular phone or similar communications service with other drivers to coordinate passenger pick-up and unloading schedules.
4. Provide friendly and courteous service, particularly while transporting passengers, and ensure passengers are delivered to their destination within the time schedule allotted, no matter the weather, traffic or road conditions.
5. Maintain trip logs which provide details such as passenger count, route details, etc.
6. Observe all Arizona driving regulations and laws, policies and procedures.
7. Report all motor vehicle or operator infractions or citations for violations of Arizona DMV laws within one (1) working day. Report all accidents, no matter how minor.
8. Report any or suspected mechanical problems to the appropriate party.
9. May require maintaining order and discipline
10. Assist passengers as necessary in boarding and departing the vehicle.
11. Submit to random drug testing.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Customer service
- MS Office Suite
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Preferable 1-year relevant work experience which includes operating a vehicle transporting passengers.
- Valid and current Arizona driver’s license; ability to meet DMV vision requirements; must have clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Current First Aid, CPR and/or AED certification is preferred.
- Must work flexible hours which may include nights, weekends, holidays, special events and overtime.
- Must pass initial drug testing and random and/or post-accident drug testing throughout employment while employed in this classification.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Sitting: 6-7 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.