Field Experience Counselor - Online Division - College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Field Experience Counselor to coordinate key aspects of clinical and practicum activities. This position acts as a liaison to faculty members and students by performing the below duties.
- Collects and tracks immunization and health and safety documentation required for clinical and practicum rotations.
- Ensures students meet all required deadlines and notifies appropriate parties of non-compliance.
- Communicates to students and faculty before documentation expires or a file becomes out of date.
- Assists with placement of students in practicum, clinical rotations, including monitoring site issues.
- Handles high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
- Establishes rapport and relationships with students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting clinical and practicum requirements.
- Works as part of a high-performance team and encourages and supports other team members.
- Handles multiple priorities and tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
- 6 months related professional experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience in healthcare settings preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, healthcare clients, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Starting salary is $38,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.