Faculty - Sports Business & Entertainment - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time faculty member for Sports Business (open to all ranks). This position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies and other trends that reflect advances in the specific areas of sport and entertainment. This position requires a unique combination of industry knowledge/experience, teaching experience, academic perspective, and industry networks within the areas of sports business/management and/or the business of entertainment to include venue/event management, marketing, operations, and analytics.
Please Note: This is a 9-month Faculty position, based on our Main Campus in Phoenix. AZ. The anticipated start date is August 10, 2020.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Fosters industry relationships to enhance the student experience and job placement; sports and entertainment business networking.
- Helps with marketing, public relations, and admissions for the program.
- Classroom lead for teaching and delivering sports and entertainment business content.
- Remains current in the field of sports business, the business of entertainment and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains a four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission, Christian world view, and educational learning outcomes as a Christian university.
- MBA or MS in Business Administration (preferably discipline emphasis on sports and entertainment management).
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in the sports or entertainment business industry. Ideal candidates will have experience in both the sport and entertainment business industry with a strong understanding of event planning/execution, venue management and marketing of experiential events. Candidates who also have sports, events, entertainment or applied analytics will also be considered.
- Significant network of sports or entertainment industry relationships to provide student experience and student hiring/intern opportunities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- PhD or DBA Sports Business/Management, Sports and Entertainment Management or in related business discipline
- Minimum of three years’ documented post-secondary experience teaching business, sports business and/or entertainment business courses.
- Industry experience in the fields of sports, events, and/or entertainment business.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.