Faculty - Software Development - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems and engineering, and forensic science and exercise science programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9 month position. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major.
- Assists students outside classroom hours.
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development.
- Works with University leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing science and technology education.
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth.
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration.
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of science, engineering, and technology programs.
- Manages assigned resources including the budgets.
- Mentors undergraduate majors in science, engineering, and technology.
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees.
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
Must meet one of the following options:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or a related technical field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or a related technical field from a regionally accredited institution AND any two of the following criteria:
- 5+ years' relevant work experience which may include progressive experience in a field related to software design and development disciplines, or higher education teaching experience in a closely related field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- Has over three publications in peer reviewed journals within the last 5 years
- Has a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a leadership position within their respective professional association
- Holds multiple certifications in software development or related fields, above and beyond their degree credentials.
- Holds or has held a position as a director or higher in the work setting associated with software development or a related field.
In addition, the candidate must:
- Have an extensive, advanced and current knowledge of software design and development or computer science or closely related field.
- Be able to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Strong preference given to candidates with experience in and deep knowledge of:
- Malware Analysis
- C or C++
- x86 Assembly Language
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related technical field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Deep knowledge in Java SE and/or C#
- Experience with common cloud computing platforms, including Azure and/or AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Extensive knowledge in database design and development using relational databases such as MySQL, and non-relational databases, such as MongoDB.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellent in teaching.
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience which may include progressive business/managerial experience in a field related to the software development disciplines, or higher education teaching experience in a closely related field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.