Faculty - Social Work - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, non-denominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies; Colangelo College of Business; College of Education; College of Nursing and Health Care Professions; College of Theology; College of Humanities and Social Sciences; College of Science, Engineering and Technology; and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking a full-time faculty member for Social Work.
Please Note: This position is a 12-month evening graduate cohort position, based at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ, with an anticipated start date of August 2021.
- Teach social work courses in varying class sizes
- Provide direction to instructional assistants including norming and training in writing instruction
- Assist students outside classroom during office hours
- Actively engage with students outside of the classroom for special events, career preparedness, and student club activities
- Assist in recruitment efforts to build the graduate program in social work
- Assist in the design of licensure path programs in social work
- Stay current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Participate in curriculum design & development
- Actively support of college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participate on college and/or university committees
- Assist the Dean and Director in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provide leadership to adjunct faculty
- Actively engagement in professional development activities
- Comply with all college and University policies
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program
- Two years of post-master’s social work degree practice experience
- Licensed Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Two years of instructional experience in social work at the post-secondary level
- Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/WebCT
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctorate degree in Social Work or related field (psychology, counseling, sociology, etc.)
- Licensed Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Research experience with social service agencies (state or non-profit) a plus
- Three years of instructional experience in social work at the post-secondary level
- Publication in peer reviewed journals related to social work
- Direct experience evaluating learner achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching across multiple modalities.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.