Faculty - Risk and Insurance Management - College of Business
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Colangelo College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Science, Engineering, and Technology, College of Humanities and Social Science, and College of Fine Arts and Production.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Risk & Insurance Management (open to all ranks). The position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the disciplines of insurance, risk, and finance. This is a 9-month position and will have an anticipated start date of Aug 16th 2021.
- Create a Risk Management accredited program. The program will include certifications such as a Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) or Associate in Risk Management (ARM).
- Develop risk/insurance related coursework including a test preparation capstone course. Coursework includes industry sponsored licensing exams and test preparation materials where appropriate.
- Leads the CCOB Risk and Insurance Advisory Board. Helps the Advisory Board with fundraising efforts for student scholarships, program development, risk adjunct instructor staffing, internship/permanent job placement programs, and student events.
- Develops and supports business relationships and corporate sponsorships related to the field of risk and insurance.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum in an engaging manner.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom (multi-modality approach).
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of risk/insurance mgt and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- PhD or DBA in Finance, Risk, Insurance or related business discipline is preferred or MBA/Finance and/or Risk graduate degree.
- Post-secondary experience teaching finance courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in enterprise risk mgt, insurance, corporate finance, investments, or banking is required along with industry certifications.
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. economics, accounting, etc.) is a plus.
GCU’s exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan. We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.