Faculty, Pychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Full-Time faculty member for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at our campus in Phoenix, AZ.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Location: 33rd and Camelback - Main Campus
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching graduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Prepare activities that focus on application of content that are engaging and stimulate classroom discussions
- Remain current with new trends and development in your field of expertise
- Maintain the equivalent of a three-course load (12-16 credit hours).
- Facilitate in the PMHNP On-Campus clinical residency experiences
What You Will Have:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing/medical experience as a practicing nurse practitioner
- Unencumbered, active, current, and unrestricted RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities
- Board certified as a PMHNP
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.)
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047764