Faculty - Psychology - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you!
Please Note: This position is a 9-month in person position, based at GCU's main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
Preferred courses include: Research Methods, Statistics, Abnormal Psychology, and Cognitive Neuropsychology.
Other main responsibilities include:
- Teaches psychology courses with a focus on Statistics, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience
- Teaches psychology courses in class sizes ranging from 40-100 learners.
- Provides direction to instructional assistants including norming and training in writing instruction.
- Assists students outside classroom hours.
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Participates in curriculum design & development.
- Active support of college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees.
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provide leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- Masters in Psychology.
- Two years of instructional experience at the post-secondary level.
- Experience teaching Statistics, Experimental Psychology.
- Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/WebCT.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- PhD in Psychology
- Three years of instructional experience at the post-secondary level.
- Direct experience evaluating learner achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching across multiple modalities.