Faculty-Pre-Licensure Nursing Skills Lab-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an immediate full-time Lab Skills Faculty Member. This role will be located in Phoenix, AZ at our 33rd and Camelback main campus.
The Lab Skills Faculty Member will develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with evidence-based instruction in nursing lab activities from foundations of skill development through simulation techniques.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm
Site Location: Main Campus
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package
Clinical areas: Med/Surg, Foundations, Adult Health II, Transition to Practice
What you will do:
- Provide instruction in nursing skills development to ensure alignment with course objectives, standardization of instruction across the program, and compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and industry standards of best practice
- Provide instruction in skills lab activities including facilitation, contributing to workflow processes, planning and leveling learning, review, and revision of course materials
- Contribute to course development to ensure the essentials of course objectives, remediation, and student success are aligned with expectations and outcomes
- Collaborate with lab staff to ensure that adequate needs, gaps, staffing, and logistics are identified and addressed to ensure optimum student experiences
- Collaborate with lab staff to ensure all supplies, equipment, media, computers, and materials required to replicate simulated health care experiences are available and all equipment and simulation technology are at optimum operating levels
- Actively engage in professional activity to ensure current best practices are reviewed and considered for the introduction, revision, and validation of current lab practices
- Training and support of new lab faculty
- Travel to all GCU lab sites as often as required, weekly and/or daily
What you will have:
- Master’s degree (MSN) required
- Unencumbered Arizona RN license
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license
- Knowledge of Gaumard Human Patient Simulator software and Microsoft Office preferred
- Empathy, good communication skills, team player, professional example of the nursing, student centered
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations