Faculty-Pediatrics Lab/Clinical-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate Full-Time Faculty Member for Lab/Clinical - Pediatrics. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Sandy UT ABSN site, however, this position requires travel daily within the greater Salt Lake City area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations.
Site Location: 150 Civic Center Dr. Sandy, UT
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Benefits: Full benefit portfolio including tuition package
Target Hire: March 1, 2024
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
- Participate in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Requires travel to student clinical sites in the greater Salt Lake City area to directly observe student performance
What you need:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in medical/surgical nursing
- An active, current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Utah or compact state
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications)
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program