Faculty-Occupational Therapy Assistant-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full-time faculty member for the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant program which is currently in development.
GCU’s College of Nursing and Healthcare Professions is seeking an innovative faculty member. As a full-time Faculty member, you will provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
As this program is still in the developmental stages, the faculty member will have the unique opportunity to provide input to shape course development, structure, and focus of the program. Initial responsibilities will include collaborating with department leadership and faculty to design courses, develop program policies and procedures, and have an important role in preparing for accreditation by the American Council on Occupational Therapy Education. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building an exceptional undergraduate program from the ground up and take pride in creating a nurturing educational environment that allows students to thrive. As the program evolves, responsibilities will shift toward teaching courses, advising students, supervising students with hands-on learning and simulation, and assessing student learning outcomes.
Target Hire: June 1
Location: The role is located at our main campus- 33rd and Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: 12-month, full-time benefits eligible. Hybrid schedule. Opportunity for clinical practice release.
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package. Professional development allowance.
Recruitment Process: Recruiter interview, manager interview, teaching demonstration
What you will do:
- Deliver instruction to students.
- Stimulate class discussions.
- Provide students with feedback on examinations and assignments
- Remain current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Participate in activities that support development of the program and the accreditation process.
- Maintain a course load consistent with university definition of full-time status (80-100 students).
What you need:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any discipline; master’s degree preferred.
- University teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
- Preferred experience as a clinical instructor/clinical supervisor and experience working with healthcare systems.
- Applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply: mental health, geriatrics and physical rehab.
- Experience working with the ACOTE accreditation process preferred.
- Active, current, unencumbered, unrestricted OTA or OTR license and NBCOT Certification are required. Eligibility for Arizona state licensure.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (i.e., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and /or publications).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus