Faculty-Obstetrics/Labor & Delivery Lab/Clinical-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for OB Obstetrics Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty member at our site in Tucson, AZ. As a full-time OB Obstetrics Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty Member, you will provide lab/clinical program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Tucson, AZ. However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Tucson area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations .
Location: 3500 N Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ
Schedule: Lab, Standard business hours; M-F, 8-5; Clinical Rotations TBD
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package
Target hire: ASAP
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teach in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
- Participates in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance
What you will have:
- Master’s degree required (MSN)
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
#OB #Nurse #teach #clinical #faculty #GCU #Tucson