Faculty - New Testament & Greek - College of Theology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology. For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies. Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Theology is seeking applicants for a full-time professor of New Testament and Greek to begin in the fall of 2021. This position primarily involves teaching New Testament and biblical Greek courses in the College of Theology and Grand Canyon Theological Seminary. Course load will entail a mixture of traditional, ground and online courses. Committee work, course/program development, and other types of faculty service will be expected.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 9 month faculty contract position and will be based on our main campus in Phoenix, AZ. The target start date is August 23, 2021.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Conducts classes, teaching subjects which are relevant to the learning needs of the students and facilitates engaging individual and group instructional activities.
- Assists in developing and formulating the curriculum and new academic programs.
- Mentors students, engages in scholarly activities and participates in service activities.
- Assists students in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides students with substantive feedback and critical evaluation in a timely manner.
- Utilizes available technology for instruction, such as PowerPoint presentations, LMS, and other internet resources.
- Remains current in field(s) of expertise through ongoing, continuous learning; fulfills required faculty development sessions.
- Participates actively in department, college and university committees.
- May participate in research activities and/or collecting, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD from an accredited institution in biblical studies or biblical theology with an emphasis in NT.
- Teaching experience in the areas of NT studies and Greek at the college level and consistent involvement in a local church are highly valued.
- All faculty in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the university’s Doctrinal and Ethical Positions Statements and the College of Theology Covenant.
- Additional materials such as a sample sermon or lesson may be requested.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.