Faculty-MedSurg Lab/Clinical-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an opening for Clinical Nursing Faculty in the area of Med/Surg. In this role you will provide indirect and direct support in the development and provision of clinical instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Location: 10484 W. Thunderbird Boulevard, Sun City
However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Metropolitan Phoenix area to directly observe student performance.
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package
Target Hire: ASAP
What You Will Do:
- Reinforces didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives.
- Participates in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs.
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance
What You Will Have:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in medical/surgical nursing.
- An active and unencumbered Registered Nurse in the state of Arizona or compact state.
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications).
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations