Faculty - Med Surg
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty member for Medical / Surgical in our Pre-Licensure BSN program.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Teach one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Stimulates class discussions
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations
- Remain current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours) or 450 hours per semester
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience in a medical/surgical or Critical Care setting
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#nursing #teach #GCU #faculty #high