Faculty - Law & Ethics - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a Full Time Faculty position to teach and lead Law, primarily the Law & Ethics course. The position is open to all academic ranks (dependent on credentials and experience) and provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the disciplines of business law.
Please Note: This is a 9-month Faculty position, based on our Main Campus in Phoenix. AZ. The anticipated start date is August 12, 2019.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions in the on-ground and online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of business law.
- Collaborates with business faculty and is involved with the entrepreneurial efforts of the business college regarding student startups and efforts to promote conscious capitalism.
- Experience with business startups, both nonprofit and for-profit, highly desired.
- Maintains four course teaching load.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching and service.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
- Articulate the integration of Christian faith into a law and ethics course.
- JD required; beneficial to also have an MBA, or PhD/DBA in related business discipline
- Ability to teach law and ethics
- 5+ years of work experience in business law
- Minimum of three years’ post-secondary teaching experience is preferred
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.