Faculty- Information Technology- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems and engineering, and forensic science and exercise science programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9 month position. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major.
- Assists students outside classroom hours.
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development.
- Works with University leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing science and technology education.
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth.
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration.
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of science and technology programs.
- Manages assigned resources within budget guidelines.
- Mentors undergraduate majors in information technology.
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
Must meet one of the following options:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution AND 7+ years' relevant work experience which may include progressive business/managerial experience in a field related to the information technology and information systems disciplines, or higher education teaching experience in a closely related field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
In addition the candidate must have:
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of information technology and information systems or closely related field.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in and deep knowledge of:
- Microsoft Systems Administration
- Master's or Doctoral degree in information technology, information systems, or closely related field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience.
- Deep knowledge of Cisco Networking, Microsoft Systems Administration, data center technologies, information security, and enterprise computing systems architecture and deployment lifecycle
- Deep knowledge of PaaS and IaaS and related cloud technologies.
- Experience with one of: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, SAP Hana, or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of database architecture, administration, and programming.
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellence in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom.
- Professional certifications: Network+, CCNA, CCNE, CISSP, MCSE, or closely related.
#technology #gcu #faculty #highered #education