Faculty: Health Sciences Program Lead
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Program Lead for the BS Health Sciences program
Program leads provide administrative oversight of specific programs in conjunction with their supervising dean. Program leads are responsible for managing curriculum, faculty, and student needs, as well as regulatory and accreditation requirements for their programs. The program lead will oversee the development and implementation of initiatives, policies, and processes that support the BSHS program. The program lead will possess expertise in the areas of leadership, management, and clinical knowledge for the effective administration of the BSHS. Program leads may be administratively appointed to assist college leadership with other special projects and represent their program at college and University level committees.
This role is located at our main campus - 33rd and Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona
Target hire date: August 2023
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and online student population
- Full time, 12-month faculty position
What you will do:
- Assists in providing administrative leadership for the BSHS Program and supervises faculty in designated program areas
- Administers the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, and procedures of the institution
- Expert in their clinical / content area and knowledgeable of all regulations and accreditation standards impacting the BSHS Program
- Serves as the first contact for faculty and concerns and conducts investigations of faculty and/or student concerns and provides recommendations for resolution
- Serves as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders
- Uses programmatic data and feedback from all stakeholders to improve program outcomes
- Defines and ensures the integrity of program related benchmarks and assessments in collaboration with the supervising dean.
- Recommends program improvements and efficiencies, attends and actively participates in designated college and university meetings, completes projects as determined by the supervising administrator
- Provides a positive example to faculty and students by supporting the University’s Mission, Doctrinal Statement, and Ethical Position Statement
What you need:
- Master’s degree in Health Science, Biomedical Sciences, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Radiography, or related health field (respiratory therapy, radiology, diagnostic, surgical technology, perfusion, nuclear medicine) required. PhD or Doctoral preferred.
- 5 or more years of related teaching experience preferred
- Active, current, unencumbered Allied Health licensure in Arizona or a compact state
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046251