Faculty - Government/University Honors - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Please note, this is a 9 month full time faculty position based at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ with a start date of August 2021.
- Teach government and honors courses in class sizes ranging from 20-50 learners
- Provide direction to instructional assistants including norming and training in writing instruction
- Assist students outside classroom hours.
- Assist in recruitment efforts to build the government programs
- Stay current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Participate in curriculum design & development.
- Active support of college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participate on college and/or university committees
- Assist the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provide leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Political Science, Government, or Public Administration
- Research or professional experience in state or local governmental policy
- Two years of instructional experience at the post-secondary level
- Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/WebCT
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- PhD in Political Science, Government, or related discipline
- Three years of undergraduate level teaching experience in political science, government, honors courses or symposium.
- Publication in peer reviewed journals related to state or local governmental policy
- Direct experience evaluating learner achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching across multiple modalities.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.