Faculty - Fine Arts & Production - Motion Graphics
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Fine Arts and Production, which offers programs in digital design with specialization in animation and web design, advertising, graphic design, social media, digital film with specializations in production or screenwriting, theatre, dance education, and music education.
Our Full-Time faculty position in Motion Graphics is for classes that begin September 7, 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity for a designer to drive our rapidly expanding focus on motion graphics and multimedia for all design students. You will inspire and teach our students end-to-end design and production for animations and assets that are creative and on brief for clients in many industries. As part of the Digital Design Degree, students have many foundational design and portfolio courses. The Emphasis on Animation with Motion Graphics courses focus on application of design with motion including brand messaging, advertising, explainers, infographics, narrative, movie and tv graphics, and social media assets, allowing students to graduate with a well-rounded motion portfolio.
Grand Canyon University and the Design Department is growing rapidly, and we have strong connections with industry employers.
- Get students excited about motion by teaching four classes per semester in motion design basics to upper division.
- Act as a champion for motion design as we update our animation courses.
- Share your knowledge with other faculty to grow our team skills.
- Proactively work with industry to ensure our graduates are meeting their needs.
- Innovate and develop ideas to use design and motion graphics across the campus.
- Advise and support students and the design clubs.
- Master’s Degree required, MFA or MDes in graphic design or appropriate related field recommended.
- Current professional practice in the field of graphic design/motion graphics.
- Depth of knowledge in the Adobe CC programs, primarily After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro.
- Demonstrated skills applying the principles of design, composition and color, typography and the principles of animation.
- Demonstrated skills integrating video and motion graphics.
- 3D modeling/animation with Maya, virtual reality, augmented reality, projection mapping and mixed reality is a plus.
- Please include a link to your portfolio in the application.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.