Faculty-Family Nurse Practitioner Program-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Family Nurse Practitioner Faculty Member. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Location: Main Campus; 33rd and Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: 2 days per week on campus, 2 days per week remote, 1 day clinical practice day
Target Hire: ASAP
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package
What you will do:
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four-course load (16 credit hours).
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- Board certified FNP.
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities.
- Two or more years of teaching and/or relevant nursing/medical experience.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- A respect for and ability to work with students.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus