Faculty - Engineering Education - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Engineering Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. We take an active learning approach that focuses on project-based learning that provides a basis for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance, and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This 9-month faculty position is open now and will be filled ASAP. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the Engineering Core
- Facilitate fifteen (15) hours of office hours per week
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists with curriculum design & development
- Assists the University in the continued improvement of engineering programs
- Mentor undergraduate majors in all engineering disciplines
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry to support internships, project collaborations, industrial mentoring and Capstone projects
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in engineering education, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, Industrial, Computer or other closely related field
- 1-3 years of previous teaching experience and/or SoTL research experience
- A knowledge of best practices in teaching lower division students (Freshmen and Sophomores) basic engineering concepts and skills
- Ability to create instruction with active learning components.
- Working knowledge engineering software, including Computer Aided Design, Mathematical Software, etc.
- Ability to program in a high-level, general purpose computer language.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in engineering education or an engineering discipline, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience in engineering
- Familiarity with teaching diverse learners with many levels of prior experience
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.