Faculty - Economics - Colangelo College of Business
The Colangelo College of Business (CCOB) at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Economics (open to all ranks). The position is expected to: provide instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge of economics, teach in an applied-economics manner, share their expertise in the basics of economic theory, teach fundamentals in an engaging manner to undergraduate students, and promote an economic mindset for today’s business world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism.
Please Note: This is a 9-month month position with an anticipated start date of January 2022. This faculty position is based on our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
If you are seeking Part-Time or Remote Teaching opportunities, please check out our Adjunct Faculty positions and search "Economics" to see available openings.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures to primarily undergraduate students, with the opportunity to instruct graduate students as well, within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of economics and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains required teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
- PhD in Economics or a closely related field is preferred; or Masters in Economics or a closely related field, and a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours in economics.
- Post-secondary experience teaching economics courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in economics or related discipline is required for those without a PhD.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.