Faculty - Economics - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business (CCOB) at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Economics (open to all ranks). The position is expected to: provide instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge of economics, teach in an applied-economics manner, expertise in the basics of economic theory, teach fundamentals in an engaging manner, and promote an economic mindset for today’s business world, as well as help with the integration of faith and free market capitalism.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 9 month fulltime faculty position and will be based on our main campus in Phoenix, AZ. We have an anticipated start date of August 16th, 2021.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Leadership of the academic degree programs: BS in Economics, BS in Finance/Economics, Minor in Economics, MBA course work in Economics and Program/course development
- Part of the Finance/Economics team to work with industry in networking for career outcomes, job placement, internships, and hiring pathways
- Leads Economic instructional faculty, team of Fulltime and Adjuncts
- Prepares/delivers lectures within the prescribed economic curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom - multi-modality perspective/skill set
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of economics and effective teaching techniques.
- Teaching is the priority however also an expectation to have service with students (clubs, mentoring, networking, graduate school prep) or accomplish research (preferred if students are involved with research)
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and CCOB meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes.
- PhD in Economics
- Post-secondary experience teaching economics courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in economics or related discipline is required for those without a PhD.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.