Faculty - Digital, Graphic and Advertising Design - College of Fine Arts and Production
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Fine Arts and Production, which offers programs in theatre, dance education, music education, digital design with specialization in animation and web design, and digital film with specializations in production or screenwriting.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
All applicants must be proficient in the theories and fundamentals of graphic design with a deep knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, both Macintosh and PC computer environments as well as an understanding of practical industry expectations for new graduates. Applicants should articulate a vision for a rigorous design curriculum with a focus on preparing students to succeed professionally by cultivating their technical, aesthetic, and creative processes. Candidates must have broad training and be able to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in graphic and advertising design for print, digital, and social medias, front-end web design, multimedia or animation. Able to teach both in classroom settings and online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Faculty - Digital, Graphic and Advertising Design is a full-time 9-month faculty contract and will be based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ. The start date is August 12, 2019.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Experience in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Web Design, Social or New Media
- 3 years’ teaching experience at the university or college level or combination of applied experience with teaching experience; in the areas of Foundational Graphic Design, Typography, Web Design, UX or Motion Graphics
- Demonstrated experience in teaching effectiveness
- Evidence of an on-going and active professional design practice
- Experience working with industry/education partnerships.
- The ability to teach in two or more of the following areas: Drawing, Foundations, Typography, Production, Publication Design, Advertising Campaign Creation, Social Media, UI/UX, Front-end Web and Online Design, Motion Graphics, Multimedia, Web Animation, 2D and 3D animation, or socially responsible design.
- MA, MFA preferred, in Graphic Design, Advertising, Visual Communications, or related field
- Well versed in the technology currently used in the professional practice of communication design, and willing to self-educate about technology as standards and practice change.
- Demonstrate significant professional, personal and research design experience, as well as a record of active participation in professional organizations.
- Knowledge of contemporary theories, principles, and concepts, and the history of graphic design.
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML, and web-based animation.
- Experience integrating VR, AR and video technologies
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.