Faculty - Cybersecurity - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of technology with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as a Cybersecurity Professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET) is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Cybersecurity. Professional corporate/ industry experience is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Cybersecurity faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Economics
- The chance to provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Economics Professionals
What you will do:
- Teach Cybersecurity/IT classes in an engaging manner by preparing lectures that stimulate classroom discussions
- Help lead/support the academic degree programs
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Remains current in the field of Cybersecurity and effective teaching techniques
- Participates in faculty and CSET meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you will need:
- Advanced degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience.
- Professional certifications: Network+, CCNA, CCNE, CISSP, MCSE, or closely related.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#highered #technology #cybersecurity #faculty #gcu