Faculty - Course Lead
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate Full-Time Faculty member to teach online undergraduate courses. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. Experience with Fundamentals is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching online / remote undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Teach online undergraduate courses
- Prepare activities that focus on application of content that are engaging and stimulate classroom discussions
- Develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and Fundamentals trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline educational instruction
- Foster and encourage an online culture of learning
- Compile, administer and grade examinations, complete exam reviews/analysis, assignments, discussion forums and participation meeting prescribed deadlines
- Assist students outside of the classroom hours and actively mentor students which may include additional sessions for student success
- Assist with curriculum design and development; be a sound advocate for change to programs, curriculum, and teaching methodologies/pedagogies
- Participate actively in college or university committees for advancing the overall educational mission of the university
- Provide leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty; responsible for orientation of adjunct faculty; evaluate teaching effectiveness of adjunct faculty
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience in a medical/surgical or Complex Care setting
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#GCU #Nursing #Faculty #HigherEd #benefits