Faculty - Course Lead
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Course Lead Faculty
- Teach online undergraduate courses within the requisite discipline meeting the required course load requirements.
- Develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and other trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline educational instruction.
- Stimulate class discussions and foster and encourage an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Provide qualitative, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments.
- Compile administer and grade examinations, complete exam reviews/analysis, assignments, discussion forums and participation meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Incorporate relevant research resources and experiential activities to support course objectives, lectures and learning outcomes.
- Assist students outside of the classroom hours and actively mentor students which may include additional sessions for student success
- Develop and administer forward thinking short- and long-term learning plans for students’ development and growth
- Assess student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Assist with curriculum design and development; be a sound advocate for change to programs, curriculum and teaching methodologies/pedagogies.
- Engage regularly in professional development activities
- Participate actively in college or university committees for advancing the overall educational mission of the university.
- Foster and promote diversity and collegiality among faculty, students and staff.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty; responsible for orientation of adjunct faculty; evaluate teaching effectiveness of adjunct faculty.
- Maintain compliance with all college and University policies and program accreditation/licensure requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred.
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.