Faculty - CONHCP - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Full-Time faculty member for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at our campus in Phoenix, AZ.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
NOTE: This is an on campus role located in Phoenix, Arizona
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Prepare activities that focus on application of content that are engaging and stimulate classroom discussions
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assigns this work to others
- Remains current with new trends and development in your field of expertise
- Maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours).
- Facilitate in the PMHNP On-Campus clinical residency experiences
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing/medical experience as a practicing nurse practitioner
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities
- Board certified as an PMHNP
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.)
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.