Faculty - CONHCP - APRN Clinical Simulation Laboratory Coordinator
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty - CONHCP - APRN Clinical Simulation Laboratory Coordinator.
- Fulfills the duties and responsibilities of a faculty member, including teaching, scholarship, and service to the institution and the community.
- Work directly with the Program Lead of the APRN Programs to support the online and residential simulation-learning environment for the Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, and Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Programs, students, faculty and staff participating in simulation and nursing laboratory skill curriculum.
- Support all APRN nursing programs in simulation curriculum development.
- Assess, design, execute and evaluate simulation scenarios and other laboratory experiences to support the curriculum and program learning outcomes for online and residential students and faculty in the APRN programs.
- Maintain and revise as needed operational policies for the simulation center to ensure protocols are in place to meet accreditation purposes; recommends any changes in operational procedures/guidelines to nursing management.
- Ensure all lab faculty/staff are equipped to operate all equipment in the simulation center through creation of job aids/documentation and as needed live hands on demonstration/training.
- Maintains simulation schedule for learners, staff, and faculty.
- Serves as primary liaison for all equipment in the simulation center to ensure operational readiness, troubleshooting and repair and maintenance; provides technical operational support for all simulations systems and equipment related to immersive simulation.
- Assist in daily operations, ordering supplies-consumables and non-consumables maintenance, and set up of equipment/simulation scenarios and skill stations for all APRN nursing simulation labs
- Assist with Standardized Patient recruiting, training and scheduling.
- Assist with student remediation and other Simulation Center related duties as assigned.
- Promote OSHA, HIPPA, and FERPA compliance within the CONHCP Simulation Center and for all nursing students, faculty and staff.
- Maintain medical waste disposal with contracted medical waste groups.
- Maintain knowledge of technology to support online telehealth environment with CAE, IDouble robots, Microsoft TEAMs, B-Line Sim Capture, virtual reality, and other technology as needed.
- Maintain timeline, tracking, and scheduling of scenario revisions and/or creation required for accreditation and ongoing quality improvement.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Perform related duties as assigned and needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May include supervision of Immersive Simulation Technicians and Standardized Patients
- Master’s or Doctorate in Nursing Degree required
- 5 years clinical experience preferred
- Prior experience teaching in clinical simulation preferred
- Current Certification as Simulation Healthcare Educator (CHSE) or willing to achieve certification within 12 months of hire
- Active, current, and Unencumbered Arizona or Multistate RN License.
- Preferred: National Certification as an APRN (FNP, AGACNP, PMHNP)
- Current certification in American Heart Association CPR Heart Code, ACLS
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and/or evenings as needed.
- Recent, relevant, working knowledge of clinical experience in the healthcare environment.
- Highly effective communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- Highly knowledgeable of processes and procedures as related to patient care.
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including MS Office Suite, integrated AV/IT data collection software, task trainers, human patient simulators, and patient care equipment.
- Stays abreast of current trends, technology, state and/or federal requirements, related to simulation
- Assist in the maintenance, review, and updating of course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing curriculum.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good organization and coordination of multiple activities.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, judgment and sound decision making.
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapidly changing user needs and schedules.
- Function independently in designated area(s), role, and required activities while remaining a contributing member of the team providing integrated services to users.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.