Faculty- Computer Science- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of technology with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as a Computer Science Professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET), is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Computer Science. Professional corporate/ industry experience is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Targeted Start Date: August 2023
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Computer Science
- The chance to provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Computer Science Professionals
What you will do:
- Teach Computer Science classes in an engaging manner by preparing lectures that stimulate classroom discussions
- Help lead/support the academic degree programs
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Remains current in the field of Computer Science and effective teaching techniques
- Participates in faculty and CSET meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from a regionally accredited institution.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer science or closely related field including algorithms, architecture, and discrete structures.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046052