Faculty - Computer Science - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of technology with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as a Computer Science Professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET), is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Computer Science. Professional corporate/ industry experience is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Computer Science faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Computer Science
- The chance to provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Computer Science Professionals
What you will do:
- Teach Computer Science classes in an engaging manner by preparing lectures that stimulate classroom discussions
- Help lead/support the academic degree programs
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Remains current in the field of Computer Science and effective teaching techniques
- Participates in faculty and CSET meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from a regionally accredited institution.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer science or closely related field including algorithms, architecture, and discrete structures.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#highered #gcu #faculty #computerscience #technology