Faculty - Computer Science - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include delivering curriculum, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9 month position. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaching undergraduate courses within the major.
- Assisting students outside classroom hours.
- Staying current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Assisting administration in driving curriculum design & development.
- Working with University leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing science and technology education.
- Developing and administering forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth.
- Providing vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration.
- Assisting the University in building a solid foundation for growth of technology programs.
- Mentoring undergraduate technology students.
- Fostering and promoting diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
- Actively supporting college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participating on college and/or university committees.
- Assisting the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Providing leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Actively engaging in professional development activities.
- Maintaining compliance with all college and University policies.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from a regionally accredited institution.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer science or closely related field including algorithms, architecture, and discrete structures.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science or closely related technical field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience which may include progressive business/managerial experience in a field related to computing or programming disciplines or higher education teaching experience in a closely related field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellence in teaching.
- Exposure to various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.