Faculty - Behavioral Health Lecturer - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University's College of Humanities and Social Sciences in currently seeking a 9-month Behavioral Health Lecturer. Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
This is a 9 month in-person position based on GCU's Main Campus (located at 33rd Ave. & Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona) targeted to start August 22, 2022.
- Teach undergraduate behavioral health and counseling courses with a focus on: BHS-350, BHS-420, BHS-490, PCN-360, PCN-475.
- Available to teach during the day and possible evenings.
- Assist students outside classroom hours.
- Stay current on topics related to licensure and accreditation and best practices related to behavioral health and counseling.
- Maintain license(s).
- Actively support college/university mission and initiatives.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Assist with the integration of Christian worldview in the counseling programs.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Behavioral Health, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Currently licensed at the independent level.
- Candidate will have clinical experience with a focus in the areas of working with children and families, and addictions.
- Two-years’ experience providing counseling services in a clinical setting.
- Two-years’ experience providing addictions counseling in a clinical setting.
- One-year instructional experience in counseling and/or addictions at the post-secondary level.
- Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as LoudCloud.
- Familiarity with academic research.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Doctorate in Counseling Education and Supervision.
- Two years of traditional instructional experience in counseling and/or addictions at the post-secondary level.
- Currently licensed at the independent level in the State of Arizona.
- Two years of clinical experience in Substance Use Disorders and Addiction.
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching across multiple modalities.
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching traditional and non-traditional students.
- Demonstrates knowledge conducting academic research.
- Demonstrates knowledge in curriculum writing, development, and review.