Faculty - Assistant Dean - College of Theology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology. For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies. Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Theology is seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Dean with our College of Theology. This position supports the Dean in matters of undergraduate faculty management, student issues, and curricular development for the college’s undergraduate programs. Additionally, this position provides vital leadership in shaping and attaining the mission and vision of the college, oversight of general education curriculum, building a strong faculty culture, and equipping graduates for faithful service in coordination with the Dean. The Assistant Dean also bears responsibility for development of the college’s faculty and student culture as well as its reputation within the ecclesial community. This role is primarily administrative but may entail occasional classroom instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time 12 month faculty contract and has an anticipated start date in the summer of 2020.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Manages and supports full and part-time faculty (daily oversight, support, leadership, scheduling, encouragement, correction, delegation of tasks, annual reviews, etc.)
- Oversees and approves programmatic and course development at the undergraduate level in coordination with the Dean, faculty, and the Curriculum Design and Development department.
- Assists in developing and formulating the curriculum as well as creating new academic programs.
- Assists in developing courses related to the university’s general education program.
- Works collaboratively with supporting teams and departments to ensure efficacy and efficiency of operational systems, processes, and policies.
- Participates in and provides leadership throughout the hiring and on boarding process for all faculty and staff positions related to the college’s undergraduate operations.
- Reviews, revises, and develops policies related to faculty, staff, curriculum, and students as necessary to ensure the quality of the college’s programs and student experience.
- Strengthens reputation and relationships of the seminary within the university, the ecclesial community, and the local community more generally.
- Participates actively in department, college and university committees.
- Creates, maintains, and develops collateral materials that support the college’s programs including catalog and website information, undergraduate student and faculty manuals, and other materials that support curriculum and instruction.
- Supports promotional and enrollment efforts and initiatives in order to grow the seminary.
- Oversees spiritual and professional formation within undergraduate programs and co-curricular activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or DMin degree from an accredited institution in the area of biblical studies, systematic theology, or pastoral ministry.
- Possess significant administrative experience, exceptional communication skills, some teaching experience, and a track record of substantial involvement in the local church.
- A background in management and/or organizational leadership will be preferred.
- All administrators and faculty in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the university’s Doctrinal Statement and the College of Theology Covenant.
- If necessary, additional materials such as a sample sermon or lesson may be requested.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.