Faculty - Accounting - Colangelo College of Business
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of business with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share it forward? Do you want to share your expertise as an accounting professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s Colangelo College of Business (CCOB), Colangelo College of Business, is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Accounting. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Accounting faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Accounting courses
- Projected start date - August 2022
- The chance to promote a business mindset for today’s changing world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of accounting professionals
What you will do:
- Be engaging by preparing lectures that stimulate classroom discussions
- Bring accounting industry concepts to life for undergraduate students
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Continue to remain current in the field of accounting and effective teaching techniques.
- Participates in faculty and CCOB meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you need:
- MBA with an Emphasis in Accounting or Accounting related graduate degree and significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in accounting.
- Preferred: CPA and/or CMA. PhD or DBA in Accounting. Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience, and post-secondary teaching experience.
- Ideal candidates have experience in tax, audit, information systems, or accounting analytics
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!